The Eastern New Mexico University Foundation is pleased to offer generous scholarship awards for incoming transfer students. Students transferring from community colleges or private/public institutions are equally encouraged to apply for these academic awards.
Types of Transfer Scholarship and Eligibility Requirements
Transfer scholarships from the ENMU Foundation offer financial support in the forms of out-of-state tuition waivers and cash awards or a combination of both. Here is a breakdown of the transfer scholarships that are currently available:
Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Scholarship:
Phi Theta Kappa community college members who have earned an associate’s degree and maintain a 3.5 GPA or greater are encouraged to apply for this limited scholarship opportunity. Each winner will receive $450/semester (in-state students) or $450/semester plus in-state tuition waiver (for out-of-state students). This scholarship award is renewable for up to four semesters at Eastern New Mexico University.
Tuition Waiver Programs:
- Transfer Competitive Waiver: Must meet one of the following scenarios: (1) have a 3.5 cumulative high school GPA or (2) have a 3.0 GPA with a 23 ACT or 1060/1130 SAT (before Feb 2016/after March 1, 2016) score or (3) a 3.5 cumulative GPA with a 20 ACT or 940 SAT score.
- Colorado Scholar Tuition Waiver: Must be a Colorado resident. Must have a 2.5 GPA with a 20 ACT score or 940/1020 SAT (before Feb 2016/after March 1, 2016) score.
- Arizona Undergraduate Out-of-State Waiver: Must be an Arizona resident. Must have a cumulative college GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Texas 135-Mile Tuition Waiver: Must live within 135 miles of ENMU-Portales.
- Western Undergraduate Exchange Program: Must be a resident of any of the following states: Colorado, Alaska, California, Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, North Dakota, Montana, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Idaho, Washington, and Wyoming.
Transfer Academic Scholarship Award:
Accepted ENMU incoming transfer students who have a GPA of 3.5 or greater may apply for this $200-$700/year academic award.
Visit Eastern New Mexico University’s Office of Financial Aid website for more details on the application procedures, deadlines, and renewal criteria for these awards.
ENMU has a mission is to combine a traditional learning environment with 21st century technology to provide a rich educational experience with excellent teaching and active learning. ENMU emphasizes liberal learning, freedom of inquiry, cultural diversity and whole student life. With affordable tuition, evening classes as well as select online courses, ENMU offers an education that fits your lifestyle and puts your career goals within reach. Visit the ENMU website to learn more about Eastern New Mexico University.